The Capture Place
The Capture Place (TCP) is a set of applications with which end users and business applications can collect electronic documents and/or Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) into an EDX V2.0 package for transmission to a document management solution, an EDI application, or both.
TCP provides the tools for collecting a wide array of documents, including scanned images, documents printed to the TCP print driver resulting in TIFF images, file imports, and file captured EDI. This data can be transformed, packaged and transported to the recipient for further processing as an EDX V2.0 package.
TCP can quickly leverage electronic attributes of documents without requiring any programming. TCP provides a unique solution for automatic electronic document/EDI capture.
TCP features include
TCP print driver
- Capture any Windows print output to the TCP print driver and create Group IV compressed TIFF images automatically.
- Print images are automatically inserted into TCP Packager.
TWAIN scan support
- Scan paper documents into any format and insert into the TCP packager.
Drag and drop support
- Drag and drop faxes, e-mail, reports, word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe PDF files, XML forms and other electronic documents into the TCP packager.
Capture metadata via browser interface
- Index documents for document management/workflow processing.
- Enter EDI information for application processing.
- Microsoft COM object level program interface.
PDF to TIFF conversion support
- Provides the functionality of receiving a PDF file type and converting it to a Group IV compressed TIFF image format.
- Push documents captured in the EDX package securely through eXchange4 or Internet eXpress Services.
- Windows XP/7/2003/2008
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher
- Pentium IV 2.8 MHz or higher
- SVGA Display
- Scanner (optional)
- Internet Connection